Friday, January 26, 2007

You Made My Heart Smile

Basically, you made my heart smile.

We used to chat for ages on the phone
With one word, you could always tell how I felt
You always knew when I was upset
Or if something was bothering me.

You always made me laugh
You delighted me with your insightfulness
Stirred up my intellectual thoughts as we debated different points,
Sometimes for hours on end.

I still think of you whenever I watch a movie
I remember how you always like movies that start immediately
(No gimmicks or intros)
I remember how looking at you took my breath away
And how much I loved (love) your dimples.

You got me
You understood me
You always knew the right thing to say
And exactly how to give me what I needed

Basically, I miss you.

7 comments:

Mak said...

nice, really nice.

Noni Moss said...

Thank you! :-D

soul said...

this is the sweetest thing :)
the absolute sweetest.

Kafo said...

beautifully said

LondonBuki said...

I like this... :-)

Unknown said...

Hmmm with all the poems about the best she's ever had, and all the smiling her heart is doing, does anyone else wonder if noni has some man action that she's not sharing???

This is so sweet!

Noni Moss said...

Lolll - asks the woman who has the Dimples, Taye's, and Mcnaughties of the world.

No man action. What can I say, I am inspired by my environment. Love must be in the air ... :-D