Friday, October 19, 2007

Work In Progress (Uncertainty)

I've started writing again - or at least getting ideas. I found this which I wrote a while ago but never got round to finishing or editing completely. I like it's unfinished state though - it gives it a frisson of disquietude which is what the character is also feeling. As usual I have two versions. My friend who read it thought it was one piece so I'll leave it as is. It is a lot shorter, you will find, than some of my other more indecisive ones ;-)

The structure of this was also inspired by Kafo. She writes beautifully but also does some amazing things with the structure of her poems which have such a powerful impact.
Hope you have a great weekend.


Uncertainty


A million and one questions going through my head
What?
Why?
Where?
A million and one times checking my emails
A million and one times checking for messages
A million and one times picking up my phone
What?
Why?
When?


A million and one times wondering what it was
A million and one times wondering why it changed
A million and one times wondering when all this happened
A million and one times wondering what the hell is going on?
A million and one times berating myself for doing this.

I sit here waiting
Waiting
Waiting
Waiting
For the umpteenth time
I check my messages
I pick up my phone
I put it down again
For the umpteenth time
I check my emails
I scan for new ones
I reread old ones

Thousands of questions riot through my brain
Millions of conclusions come racing to mind
Nevertheless, those overwhelming questions keep pounding at me
What is going on?
Why is this happening to me?
When did it all change?
Where is this all going?
How can I fix this?


So I sit here waiting.
Waiting
Waiting
Waiting.

1 comment:

Kafo said...

u need to come back full time
i love this
and i feel this
maybe not from a relationship point of view but from a God view