Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Another Work day

Sitting at work feeling tired
Look out of the window to grey skies
Feeling blue and lethargic
Drinking copious amounts of coffee
And sneaking the odd piece of chocolate.
Fighting back the yawns and nervous twitching
Shivering slightly due to the cold air conditioners
(Sheesh! It's winter people!)
Staring into the screen in the hopes of focusing on work
Playing with my phones and checking for mesgs
Scanning through emails to kill time
Wrapping up in my pashmina to garner some warmth
(making the battle against sleep even harder)

Ah I want to go home and huddle up in bed.
The countdown for 6 o'clock has begun.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is how I feel every single day during winter, and then again in the summer because I can't wait to get out of work and into the sunshine. Hmmm, think I need to re-think this whole 'make something of myself' strategy. At the moment, the prospect of marrying a rich man and being a kept woman is very attractive!

Nice, simple poem... I like it!

soul said...

Okay that's it...
I know winter plays games with us and tries to get us down..
But I've had it with winter.
Every freaking winter I almost become a hermit and I've decided NO MORE.

Maybe a personal project you can work on whilst at work will aleviate these feelings

Noni Moss said...

mmmm - what sort of personal project are we talking cos blogging - writing and catching up on what people have written takes a lot of time! a LOT of work time - lollll

Noni Moss said...

Lollll - thank you my dear. Now i know this is slightly different from my other poems but tell me what you meant by my definitive style or what you noticed as distinctive in poetry. Tell me tell me tell me! (please? :-D)

Noni Moss said...

Oh and something to do - try skiing or snowboarding. It must be bloody cold over there and I know you guys have some good slopes. It's fun and great exercise!!!!