Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Solitaire

I play Solitaire because it whiles away the time
It keeps the loneliness at bay
It stops me from over-thinking
Prevents me from accepting you were right
I loved the idea of you
As clichéd as it sounds
I held on because it was such a great idea
Despite everything, I still want it.
I realise I burnt my bridges a long time ago
And truly I have no regrets
I just miss having someone to talk to
Someone who causes some kind of emotion to well within me
On whose life I make some sort of impact.
As much as I hate to admit it,
I want a partner
I want an equal
I want someone that completes me.
I am tired of soldering through life on my own
I am tired of living vicariously through my friends
I am tired of constantly reliving my memories
Searching for proof I was once capable of emotional depth.
I am tired of feeling like an immortal
Gliding through life, skimming the experiences of others
Yet unable to be an actual participant in any meaningful way
I am tired of this lonesome journey I find myself on.

I play Solitaire because I am able to compete without penalties
I can carry on playing until I win
I play because I must win at all odds
I play because it closes everything else off
I play until I am spent.

12 comments:

Ms zee said...

....and I thought I was the only one who played solitaire......

Noni Moss said...

LOLLLL. I love spider solitaire.

Naijadude said...

hahahah....Ms Zee...that was the exact thing in my mind...

I though I was the only one that plays solitaire...and Noni u are right, it keeps my mind at bay, whiles away time, I just adore spider solitaire, when all hell seems to lose I just run to solitaire....LOL

Have a great one!

Noni Moss said...

:-D Thanks honey.
Solitaire is good escapism.
Have a good one too.

Kafo said...

Someone who causes some kind of emotion to well within me

sweet

Hmmmm sometimes it is just a person who makes u feel it doesn't matter what KIND of emotion as long as it is something
hmmm

mii likey

Noni Moss said...

You know the weird thing i originally had that line as "Someone who causes some kind of emotion to well within me (However slight)" and then changed it. :-D

Unknown said...

I really like this poem but I think it's sad. Maybe it's just me. I love the way you're writing about solitaire but it's not really about solitaire at all, the transition between the two (or more) topics is smooth and flows really well!

I actually really like this.

LondonBuki said...

I agree with Vickii, as much as I like this - it's not just an "I love solitaire" poem. It says a lot more... beautifully written but it says so much!

Noni, I want a personal update sent via email when you update this blog! LOL!

yellow ibo girl said...

We all want someone who completes us sweetheart. A lot of us tell ourselves that being single is fabulous but it does suck sometimes dont it?

I like this post cos its from the heart of an obviously strong and independent woman. AND it goes to show that no matter how strong and self sufficient you are...loneliness is a bitch!

Here's to finding The One...

Noni Moss said...

Thanks honey. Good luck to you too.

Does this mean you're going to update soon ;-)

Dolly said...

........i love solitaire too

Noni Moss said...

:-)
I think its one of those things that hooks everyone