Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Man

I had a man once
I say, had a man
But in truth,

He was never really mine

He tried to tell me several times,

But … he was just mine …

You know?


I loved a man once

And how I loved him so

I loved him soo much,

I sacrificed my friend

I knew he wanted her

So a blind-eye I turned


Well … after that,

We never could look each other in the eye,

My friend and I

Guilt became our new bedfellow

Hers, for ignoring that niggling voice

That voice which spoke of past tenderness

Betwixt him and I

Mine, for not protecting her

Protecting her from her impending folly.


I had a man once

Mine for a brief moment

I had to let him go

Cos he was never truly mine

I understand that now.

8 comments:

Kafo said...

FIRST

NO
I have a friend that needs to read this like seriously

mercy! this is good

thanks jare

PS: WHAT TOOK U SOOO LONG, I LOOK FORWARD TO UR STUFF

Noni Moss said...

lolll - thank you! i've just started writing again and actually writing. You wouldn't believe this hit me 6.30am sunday morning as i was driving home from partying saturday and i had to pull over so i could write it down :-D

Noni Moss said...

P-s - as for your friend - i really hope she's able to let go as no part of this is healthy.

soul said...

hmm I've been reading this over and over for awhile.
I've not been able to comment because it makes me catch my breath.
It just does.

Unknown said...

This is a great poem ... as usual!

By the way, you need to link it from your other blog. That's why I didn't realise you'd updated!

BlogVille Idol said...

hey pple,blogville idol is finally coming to an end...we have two contestants left and they have sung their songs,pls go to out page and listen to them via our voice player and vote for them on d vote poll..pls leave us a comment too...tank u for ur support thru out the contest

EDNUTEY said...

very nice

so ur friend got him
hmmm, some friend she is!

the poem is lovely...I like it
nice blog
i'll be back

Ms zee said...

she is back....